Wednesday, November 21, 2007

10 Albums/Songs/Artists you NEED to hear!

Hmmmm... I get the feeling that absolutely no one is reading this or cares, but whatever. I love hearing myself... type?

5. Midlake (artist) Trials of Van Occupanther (album) - This album is so great that I just can't stop listening to it. I mean it's probably been out 8 months and yet I continually listen to it. It's just a great American folk rock album. I mean, you could slip this in a mix with The Band and Neil Young and you'd barely even notice. I say barely because their are some contemporary indie influences, but for this most part this is a honest to goodness throwback album. It might be a little mellow for some, and in complete honesty I try not to listen to it if I'm already falling asleep or depressed, BUT it's still a great great beautiful album. Probably the most popular song on the album is "Roscoe" which I love because it's a funny name and a good song. I love the line "IWhenever I was a child I wondered what if my name had changed into something more productive like Roscoe. Been born in 1891..." Yeah I don't know what it means exactly but whatever, I like it. Anyways, this album has a lot of great sounds and instruments making it a very in depth full sounding album. I highly recommend, Trials of Van Occupanther by Midlake.

...to be continued?

No comments: