Wednesday, March 12, 2008

thoughts o' the day

1. Seagulls are not that great. Ok, so I bought a new alarm clock, and it has a bunch of bells and whistles including "soothing" sounds to put you to sleep. One of them is the sound of the ocean. I thought that this would be my favorite by far, but after listening to it I've decided that seagulls are effing annoying. Seriously I just want the whoosh sound, not a bunch of high pitched squeel screams in my ear when I'm trying to sleep. I mean honestly the only time we really enjoy that sound is when it's faint and far away. So would we really miss those birds if they were completely gone? I submit that we would not. Also, has anyone ever done the thing where you feed a seagull an alka-seltzer and it makes their insides explode? Yeah I guess it's kinda cruel, but it seems neat as all get out. I wanted to do it one time when I was in Boy Scouts, but my stupid scout master was being a bee-yotch. Mr. Gipson...or was it Gibson? I dunno, but he and his punk-arse kid were annoying. Plus he looked like this dude on Star Trek. No I'm not a Trekkie. Star Wars 4 Life!

p.s.- Englebert Humperdink has a song about homosexual seagulls. Yeah his name is awesome. This concludes the seagull portion of my thoughts.

2. Dangit, I know I had more thoughts than this...

3. SXSW (south by southwest) is coming up. I actually never went during the 5 years I lived in Austin, but it's a super cool event and I support it whole-heartedly. I hope it doesn't get much more popular though. There's a blog that I've mentioned before (gorilla vs. bear) that will be hosting/dj'ing a bunch of parties/shows during the weekend. they've got a bunch of playlists of some of the bands/artists coming on this website that I just discovered: imeem.com It's pretty cool. It's a lot like myspace but a little sleeker and way more geared towards music and video geeks. Anyways, check out his playlist and blog and check out info on SXSW. I like The Cool Kids in particular. Straight outta Chi-town! The beats are durty! that thought was heavily saturated with /s.

4. Gah I miss Austin. someone please help me plan a trip.

5. I like being a graphic designer.

6. Niko Cafe & Deli on Broad St. makes a mean salad. Moe's anywhere makes a punk-arse burrito.

7. Laughing is fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I agree- seagulls are really annoying. i have heard of the alkaseltzer trick but have yet to try it. I will admit i'm dying to. I have stood on the balcony with bread and a broom, enticing seagulls and swatting them once they were in reach. fun stuff.

2. I also miss Austin.

audreyrenae said...

Comment number 2!! Oh look I already commented here!