Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Promises promises

Ok, so someone reminded me that I promised to talk about some specific stuff in one of my older posts. "I've got lots to say about music, design, art, God, family, dating, religion, atlanta and more!". But I don't really feel like being long winded, so I'm gonna give you some fairly quick hits on each topic:

1. music - the grammys are weird. I'm really impressed by some of their selections (Feist, Amy Winehouse, and to some degree The Foo Fighters). But at the same time, they're so predictable (major raido play artists do well, old legends do well, tribute albums are all kinds of popular, and they think stuff is way edgier than it is) and even though I'm happy with some of the nominations, I know the winners will annoy me overall.
Radiohead album - way better than last few, but they'll never make Ok Computer again.
Band of Horses & Cold War Kids - both bands that I like with a interesting sound, but neither has an album that I wanna listen to all the way through very often.
Common's new album is a little dissapointing as is Iron & Wine's
Lil' Wayne -Da Drought 3. very cool. very very offensive
Tokyo Police Club - brilliant! but gimme a full album and maybe make the songs a little longer

2. design - I put some of my work on here. check it! and Kanye has a lot of great stuff on his blog

3. art - I've put examples and links to lots of great artist on my blog, check it!

4. God - big topic, little space. basically I've been pretty impressed with how much God is in control. I have lots of trouble giving him control, and acknowledging that he knows what's best for my life, but I'm learning. His faithfulness is amazing.

5. family - i love my family. it's tough being away from them so often, but best I think. I wish I knew how to help them and myself at the same time. A mother's love, devotion and selflessness is probably the most miraculous thing in the world (well at least my mom's). It rocks me to my core.

6. dating - I am confused as ever about love and girls themselves. the last girl I dated just totally effed with my mind. and I'm totally fine now, but I just don't get girls. I like kissing though. but I'm not a slut. mostly.

7. religion - gets too much blame and too much credit. it's complicated. Love GOD!

8. Atlanta - good place, not a great place. But the pple so far are awesome. But why doesn't Atlanta just embrace who it is? They wanna be the NYC of the south and they brag about having the olympics while NYC hasn't. Atlanta is NOTHING like NYC and in a lot of ways that's good. Atlanta's kinda pretentious too. Chill out ATL.

9. more - um running is pretty monotonous*. not enough pple read my blog. Moe's sucks HARD CORE! I miss Austin. I love lamp. I wish the Pats had won. I'm spoiled but I think Mack Brown is losing his recruiting touch. The Suns/ Shaq trade is dumb. I need more artsy friends. I want more tattoos. I like BBQ, but GA's is kinda weak.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

RE #8: why you gotta be stereotyping Atlantans? Don't lump us all in that pretentious category - TRUE Atlantan natives are pretty hospitable if you ask me... ;)